House of Neighborly Service believes strongly in providing stability and a sense of tradition for children.
When you think of the numbers of clients HNS serves, remember that a great number of them are the minor children in these households. It is a high priority for our programs to serve the needs of the children in our community who have special needs, whether they be emotional or physical.
Obviously HNS food baskets are designed to provide nutritious foods for adults and children, the clothing program is stocked with donated clothing and shoes for children, and we focus on their special needs throughout the year:
- Gift Certificates for school readiness-July
- Holiday food baskets and gifts-Christmas
- Birthday Closet-Parents can choose appropriate toys and party items in the month of the child’s birthday
- Childcare is offered for certain programs
- The Life Center Gym/Community Room – providing many children’s and youth activities-ask how you can help.
- Youth Room – outreach to middle to high school aged youth (OPEN SOON)