Emergency Services and Basic Needs
House of Neighborly Service provides life-sustaining emergency and basic needs.
All services are considered on a case by case basis and eligibility is determined by HNS guidelines and based on availability of funds and resources.
- Food baskets-a week’s supply of groceries based on family size
- Prescription assistance
- Clothing-clean and seasonal clothing and shoes, bedding, small household items and toys/books for children
- Utility assistance
- Gas vouchers and bus tokens for conformable medical or job related appointments
- Holiday programs
- Education: Financial, Parenting, Cooking
- Shelter PROGRAMS
- Advocacy, navigation assistance
- Children’s special programs: Back to School, Birthday Closet, Christmas Store
Please bring the following documents on your first visit to establish your household file:
- Current Proof of Address-an official item that has been mailed to you within the last 30 days; , a rent receipt or a utility bill make good address proof documents. Remember it must be dated within the past 30 days. (Junk mail is not considered valid proof.)
- Current Proof of Income-pay stubs for the past 30 days, an award letter from SS or SSI/SSD, if others are helping you pay your expenses an affidavit of income assistance will be REQUIRED AND VERIFIED, all of these are good proof documents and will need to be provided for each working adult in the household.
- Social Security Cards or Birth Certificates for each person in your Household. Individuals may not be added to the family record without documentation.
- A Photo ID is required for all adults receiving services..
*Every six months an evaluation and update is conducted to see how our services have helped and to seek ways to increase self-reliance. On these visits, HNS staff will ask to see all of the documents provided on the first visit. This process will also ensure that all members listed on the family record are still residing in the household. .
House of Neighborly Service (HNS) collects data to support our work. We track client progress, and guide them along their path. We use multiple assessment tools to determine their level of satisfaction. On an average, 90% of clients report on their six month update that their immediate needs had been met by receiving services at HNS. More than 60% of our clients maintained or improved their living situation on a long-term basis.
If you are someone who likes numbers, we’ve got them to share!