137 Homeless Connection
137 Homeless Connection is an outreach program that serves homeless adults. This outreach program offers key services to our homeless clients at the 137 Day Center.
137 Day Center (Open year round)
137 S. Lincoln
Loveland, CO 80537
Hours of Operation:
- For Basic Services: Monday/Wedneday/Friday, 8:00am-11:30am; Tuesday/Thursday by appointment only (for basic services)
- For Counseling, Mentoring, or Training: Monday - Thursday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm, by appointment
Important information for your visit:
- Case management, advocacy and referrals are a key part of the 137 programs.
- Clients may receive showers, laundry, storage, phone, computer and mail services based on availability and participant engagement with case managers.
- Mental health assessments and counseling and substance abuse counseling are available on a case by case basis and coordinated by SummitStone Health Partners and 137 staff.
New Life Program
This program, implemented by partnering organizations and volunteers, is for individuals who are seeking a new way out of homelessness. It is designed to bring hope, acceptance, respect and responsibility by connecting each person to their identity and to their life purpose.
This program is for adult homeless individuals who are looking for a hand up.
The New Life Program helps each person to connect to their identity and life purpose by discovering their gifts/strengths. Rather than initially focusing on problem areas, which may contribute to hopelessness, inferiority issues and actually disempowering the individual, we use a person’s identified gifts/strengths to address the areas of need in their lives. This process empowers each participant to develop and maintain healthy and more productive relationships with family, on the job and in the community.
The New Life Program is an individualized program with advancing levels. It consists of five key components: case management; personal/spiritual development; education/career; referral system; and a work/volunteer tract.
Volunteering at 137 is like joining a welcoming family. Every volunteer brings their own life experiences and talents to 137 and those gifts are used in some amazing ways.
Doug and Val, manager and assistant manager at the 137 Day Center, have a way of helping our volunteers to identify and use their unique gifts to serve our homeless clients. You will often hear volunteers say that they receive back more than they give; this is so true at 137.
Most volunteers handle day to day operations such as accessing lockers, maximizing use of the showers and laundry, and making sure that chores are completed. Others handle construction and maintenance tasks, organize events, and help to raise public awareness about issues related to homelessness and the services offered by 137.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer at 137 Homeless Connection, you can apply here.