HELP for Today and HOPE for Tomorrow
HNS offers comprehensive emergency and basic needs services, case management and long-term solutions to help people overcome situational crises or escape the grips of poverty.
We provide stabilizing services as we directly impact people’s lives and offer a hand-up approach to those who have found themselves in a financial or situational crisis.
How we helped thousands of people in 2019:
- 4,778 Residents in Need were served (Berthoud and Loveland)
- 5,938 food baskets = $458,132 value of food distributed = groceries for 197,127 meals
- 336 Homeless baskets were distributed
- 649 baskets were delivered to homebound seniors in partnership with Meals on Wheels
- 532 homeless children and adults received shelter through Angel House and 137 Homeless Connection
- 48,155 articles of clothing was distributed
- 349 utility shut-offs were prevented
- 371 households received transportation assistance
- 502 families were matched in the Christmas Adopt-A-Family Program
- 549 volunteers served 20,538 hours, valued at $522,097
- 70 community food drives
HNS offers services that nurture children: a birthday closet with gifts and party in a bag, Adopt a Family for Christmas Food Program & Christmas Store, Easter baskets, other activities offered by community members.
HNS screens for all of the City of Loveland programs for low-income families and seniors: Chilson Recreation Center discount passes and youth scholarships, COLT Bus and Paratransit applications, screenings for Food and Utility Tax Rebate Program, COL Utility HANDS Program.
Berthoud HNS provides youth scholarships for the Berthoud Recreation Center.
*Each head of household is required to complete a Financial Literacy course offered by community, online and at HNS Life Center to receive extended services from our programs.
One in five people in Larimer County currently lives in poverty.
We serve all people regardless of their age, disability, sex, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or faith. Many of our clients are young working families who are struggling to make ends meet, or single parents who are trying to provide basic needs for their families and to keep their families safe. We also serve clients who are on fixed incomes such as senior citizens, veterans, people with disabilities, and people experiencing job loss due to illness or employment layoff. Approximately half of our clients are school-aged children within the families that we serve.