The House of Neighborly Service Food Program is the number one service we provide. HNS is grateful for the generous donations that we receive from the community.
Food donations are accepted:
- In Loveland, Monday-Thursday, 9:00-3:30; the first Thursday of the month, Noon - 6:30
- In Berthoud, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00-5:00.
Staple items for food baskets:
- peanut butter
- canned fruits & vegetables
- tomato sauce
- flour/pancake/muffin mixes
- canned meat, especially pop-top
- fruit/applesauce cups
- nutritious snacks (dried fruit, granola bars, etc.)
- laundry & dish soap
- toilet paper/tissues/paper towels
- feminine hygiene items
- soap/body wash
- denture adhesive/cleanser
Additionally, the HNS Food Pantry also accepts:
- fresh fruits & vegetables, including garden produce
- hams/turkeys and any fixings for holiday baskets (November/December)
- baby items such as diapers, wipes, hygiene items, baby food/formula
- cat and dog food
Clothing and Household Donations
HNS Clothing Room accepts donations Monday-Wednesday from 9:00-3:30 OR until full capacity is met. Thank you for your understanding and generosity.
New or gently used household items that are needed:
- pots and pans
- hand-held mixers
- coffee pots
- dish sets
- cups and drinking glasses
- kitchen utensils
Acceptable Donations GuideA complete list of needed and acceptable donations that will be distributed through our Clothing Program. Thank you!
Please note, we are not able to take mattresses or mattress toppers.
Organize a Drive
Organized food, clothing, and small household item drives for House of Neighborly Service are an invaluable resource supporting the Food and Clothing Programs. You can have fun and make a big impact by holding a food and clothing drive to benefit HNS. It can be a great way to get your family, neighbors, co-workers, and friends involved in something that gives right back to people in our community.
Any of the recommended items listed for the food and clothing programs are very much appreciated.
For more information or assistance in providing the tools necessary to create your own special donation drive, please contact