HNS provides life-stabilizing emergency and basic need services.
- Food baskets: a week’s supply of groceries based on family size
Gas vouchers and bus tokens for medical or job related appointments (must be able to confirm)
Clothing & Household needs: clean, gently used and seasonal clothing and shoes, bedding and small household items
*All services are considered on a case by case basis and eligibility is determined by HNS guidelines and based on availability of funds and resources.
HNS also provides services that help to support the whole person in their time of need including:
- Holiday programs
- Educational programs on finances, parenting skills
- Shelter programs
- Advocacy and navigation assistance
- Special programs for children: Back-to-school event, birthday closet, Christmas store
Please Note: House of Neighborly Service does not provide rental assistance. Please contact Neighbor to Neighbor.
Your First Visit to HNS
What to Bring
You will need to bring the following with you to your first visit:
- Address Verification: An official item that has been mailed to you within the last 30 days; a rent receipt or a utility bill make good address verification proof documents. No junk mail.
- Income Verification: Includes any and all of the following that apply for all adults living in the household: pay stubs for the past 30 days, an award letter from SS or SSI/SSD; if you are receiving financial assistance from other people or organizations to pay your expenses, an affidavit of income assistance will be required and verified.
- A Photo ID for all adults receiving services.
HNS establishes and maintains a household file for every client/client family that we serve.
Service Hours - No Appointment Necessary
9:00am to 4:00pm
1st Thursday of the month: Noon to 7:00pm
*Last client seen 30 minutes prior to closing
**Clothing closes at 3:00 and client volume may affect service availability.
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00am to 5:00pm